Thank you from the UK

• Hi guys, I hope you can understand me - if not maybe someone would be kind enough to translate into German?

I hope you'll accept my thanks in the spirit it is meant. As a longtime fan of the e21 you guys here have inspired a lot of what I have done to my own cars. The e21 is a forgotten model here in the UK but finally people are starting to be interested and we have some pretty good examples of our own. Anyway, as a result we have finally formed a UK forum for the e21 with inspiration from sites such as yours. I hope that we can build up a supportivecommunity just as you have here and that we can all continue to fly the e21 flag!
    Thanks again, and please feel free to come say hello!

Best wishes to you all, Mark [Blockierte Grafik: http://images.bimmerforums.com/smilies/redspotdance.gif]

http://e21.ownforum.org/index.php

• Hi Mark,

I'm glad to read, that there is community of E21 enthusiats in the UK at all.
    We have friends living in Britain, and since 1989 (when I owned my first vehicle...a BMW 315) I came regularly to spend my vacation in their house (then in Cheshire).
    And I remember that E21s were already a rare sight in those days. But the few I saw were all in good condition and
    -compared to the german models- well equiped.
    In May 1991 -I owend a brand new E30 318iS then- we visited a BM-Dealer in North Wales when the E36 was introduced to the UK market.....and that Dealer presented the whole range of the E36s' hertitage (02, E21 and E30). This Idea had to come up in Germany at first with the introduction of the E90.

In May 1997 my wife and me took our (still owened) E30 325i Convertible.... driving throughout Dorset, Devon and Cornwall....
    and we took unforgettable impressions home.

Meanwhile our friends had moved to Newcastle (Jesmond), so nowadays we take our E39 525i Touring onto the Amsterdam-boat to join them.
    In the North it is very hard to see classic BMs ....actually I haven't seen an old BM since year 2000. In Jesmond we only saw the newest models of the Bavarians.

Currently my (Classic) BM-Collection includes an 1982 E21 323i Edition S, an 1982 E28 528i and the a. m. 1991 325iC...

In which part of the country do you live? I would be very interested in joining a gethering in the UK. Please send a message/posting if there is a concerete idea for such an event.

Best regards from Germany

Oli Pfaff

• I will certainly keep you informed.

Next Monday we are having a meet here in London at the Ace Cafe where we hold a German Car Night on the final Monday of each month.

In 2010, because it is the 35th anniversary of the 3 series, we hope to put on some more events with the e21 taking centre stage.

I will post details here or you can see them at https://www.e21-board.de/www.e21.ownforum.org where details will be posted as they are available.

We also hope to attend some events in Europe and maybe come to the Nurburgring which would be awesome.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!